The biggest challenge leaders face today is building cutting-edge teams to keep pace with the rapidly and radically changing world. To keep pace, our teams need to be engaged.
Our passion and purpose at Murfield Coaching is solving significant problems with innovative thinking. This week we are focusing on how to alleviate the pain of disengaged employees.
“Compassionate leadership is a disruptive force in the marketplace. It is the energy of the future because it is renewable, sustainable and profitable.”
Loren & Lisa Murfield in Leading with the Power of Compassion (2019)
That’s the problem. Seventy percent of workers are disengaged. You don’t need much of an imagination to see how that disengagement costs billions of dollars in productivity each year. Within each disengaged worker there is a pain of distrust, disappointment, or disablement. As the leader, you need to identify the pain.
The solution is leading with the power of compassion. When we as leaders care enough to notice their pain and then come alongside of them to alleviate that pain, we build loyalty, connection, and collaboration.
You can visualize the result. Instead of disengaged employees, you have a cohesive team willingly giving their unique talents to do what you need.
Take the right action. First, Notice their pain. Second, Feel for them. Third, strategize the best method to alleviate that pain. Fourth, take the necessary action at the perfect time.
- Mind Shift Monday features a powerful quote that sets the tone for a week of innovative thinking.
- Thinking Bigger Tuesday expands on the topic and provides pillar content of innovative thinking.
- Why Not Wednesday introduces you to books, articles and research that I have found useful in solving significant problems with innovative thinking.
- Transformational Thursday explores a TED Talk on the topic of the week. These talks are likely taken from the ones I have featured in my TED Talk Think Tank mastermind for radical change over the last five years.
- Freaky Far Out Friday features crazy ideas that just might lead to solving your persistent problem.
DO the IMPOSSIBLE!!!
Loren Murfield, Ph.D.
We work with leaders and organizations to solve significant problems with innovative thinking. What problem is frustrating you? Click here to contact us today.
Start learning how you can engage employees during their most traumatic moments in our newly revised and just-released book, “The ROI of COMPASSION” and now in our newest book, “Leading with the Power of Compassion.”