Technology is about to blow our minds. The smart phone is only 12 years old and it has revolutionized how we communicate. It has given us mobility so we can run a business off our phone from anywhere in the world where we have a connection. With the development of AI we will see computers and robots take over all of our routine jobs. In the process, we will reconsider what makes us valuable as humans.
Today’s post is both very disturbing and very encouraging. It reinforces our our theme this week of Leading with the Power of Compassion. Transformational Thursday is a weekly post by MurfieldCoaching.com to help leaders think bigger and reach higher.
In his 2018 TED Talk “How AI Can Save our Humanity” Lee challenges us to see a much different world not too far in the future. He illustrates how AI is massively transforming our world, replacing routine jobs. He has an inside view since he is one of the world’s leaders in AI development.
Kai-Fu Lee details how the US and China are driving a deep learning revolution. He shares a blueprint for how humans can thrive in the age of AI by harnessing compassion and creativity. “AI is serendipity,” Lee says. “It is here to liberate us from routine jobs, and it is here to remind us what it is that makes us human.”
That is a different perspective than you might expect. Lee details how he was a workaholic and a major health scare helped him to see how technology, specifically AI, will force us to consider what makes us fully human.
Check out the TED Talk. It is one of my favorites that I have shown in over 5 years of facilitating my TED Talk Think Tank mastermind for radical change.
- Mind Shift Monday features a powerful quote that sets the tone for a week of innovative thinking.
- Thinking Bigger Tuesday expands on the topic and provides pillar content of innovative thinking.
- Why Not Wednesday introduces you to books, articles and research that I have found useful in solving significant problems with innovative thinking.
- Transformational Thursday explores a TED Talk on the topic of the week. These talks are likely taken from the ones I have featured in my TED Talk Think Tank mastermind for radical change over the last five years.
- Freaky Far Out Friday features crazy ideas that just might solve your persistent problem.
DO the IMPOSSIBLE!!!
Loren Murfield, Ph.D.
We work with leaders and organizations to solve significant problems with innovative thinking. What problem is frustrating you? Contact us today.
Start learning how you can engage employees during their most traumatic moments in our newly revised and just-released book, “The ROI of COMPASSION.” Click here to purchase your copy of “Leading with the Power of Compassion.”