The role of a creative leader is not to have all the ideas; it’s to create a culture where everyone can have ideas and feel that they’re valued.
Imagine a team who voluntarily generates new ideas to make the situation just a little bit better. Now imagine a leader that welcomes those new ideas and then asks the individual to be involved in the process.
- How valued do you think that employee would feel?
- How engaged do you think that employee would become?
The challenge for a creative leader goes far beyond just having great ideas. It is helping his or her team become creative thinkers. That happens by encouraging the ideas they already have.
- Mind Shift Monday features a powerful quote that sets the tone for a week of innovative thinking.
- Thinking Bigger Tuesday expands on the topic and provides pillar content of innovative thinking.
- Why Not Wednesday introduces you to books, articles and research that I have found useful in solving significant problems with innovative thinking.
- Transformational Thursday explores a TED Talk on the topic of the week. These talks are likely taken from the ones I have featured in my TED Talk Think Tank mastermind for radical change over the last five years.
- Far Out Friday features crazy ideas that just might lead to solving your persistent problem.
DO the IMPOSSIBLE!!!
Loren Murfield, Ph.D.
We work with leaders and organizations to solve significant problems with innovative thinking. What problem is frustrating you? Contact us today.
Start learning how you can engage employees during their most traumatic moments in our newly revised and just-released book, “The ROI of COMPASSION.” Watch for the formal release of our new book, “Leading with the Power of Compassion” in late 2019.