When most are throwing up their hands claiming “it’s impossible” he is teaching elementary school students how to solve the problem. How did he do it? He had the right attitude.
Transformational Thursday highlights a TED Talk that will help us hone our attitude to create a disruptive innovation. Those that follow Murfield Coaching appreciate that we solve significant problems through innovative thinking. We work to magnify your unique value, not replicate what others do. That requires innovative thinking to solve significant problems. Our clients most appreciate our emphasis on building employee engagement, alleviating employee trauma, and unleashing disruptive innovation. Our research shows that innovation occurs most often within a cutting-edge organizational culture.
Teaching with the World Peace Game
This week we are focusing on creating the right attitude to create a disruptive innovation. When I think about the last 5+ years I have used TED Talks in my mastermind for radical change, one speakers jumps out for his incredible attitude. John Hunter has a love for making a significant difference and also for the “What if?” and “Why not?” attitude I embrace.
” John Hunter puts all the problems of the world on a 4’x5′ plywood board — and lets his 4th-graders solve them. At TED2011, he explains how his World Peace Game engages schoolkids, and why the complex lessons it teaches — spontaneous, and always surprising — go further than classroom lectures can.”
You can read about the World Peace Game Foundation he started and runs to help others teach this game and, hopefully, bring more peace to our world. That is a powerful vision and passion.
- Mind Shift Monday features a powerful quote that sets the tone for a week of innovative thinking.
- Thinking Bigger Tuesday expands on the topic and provides pillar content of innovative thinking.
- Why Not Wednesday introduces you to books, articles and research that I have found useful in solving significant problems with innovative thinking.
- Transformational Thursday explores a TED Talk on the topic of the week. These talks are likely taken from the ones I have featured in my TED Talk Think Tank mastermind for radical change over the last five years.
- Freaky Far Out Friday features crazy ideas that just might lead to solving your persistent problem.
DO the IMPOSSIBLE!!!
Loren Murfield, Ph.D.
We work with leaders and organizations to solve significant problems with innovative thinking. What problem is frustrating you? Contact us today.
Start learning how you can engage employees during their most traumatic moments in our newly revised and just-released book, “The ROI of COMPASSION.” Watch for the formal release of our new book, “Leading with the Power of Compassion” in late 2019.