Yesterday we discussed Jia Jiang’s 100 Days of rejection challenge. Today we consider that crazy idea of just doing it.
Maybe Nike had it right. Sure we can train or plan or study or prepare more. But at some point we just need to do it.
Just do it.
Does that sound crazy? If so, think back to a time where you keep putting off doing something. Remember how the waiting and planning made you feel. Now look back and ask yourself a serious question, “Could you have done it sooner with the same results?”
Sure there is times where we need to wait or need to develop things further. But aren’t there also many times where our waiting was simply procrastination or worrying?
The crazy idea for today is consider just doing it. Quit procrastinating. Quit making that “one more improvement” and do it.
I have worked with and known many people who said “the time isn’t right” or “it isn’t ready” when it really was. They might even have said, “I don’t feel like it today.”
Well here is a wild idea. When you just do it, you feel a lot better than sitting there and putting it off.
Consider the Freaky Friday Crazy idea of Just Doing It.
What significant problem are you facing where simply doing it will solve the problem?
- Mind Shift Monday features a powerful quote that sets the tone for a week of innovative thinking.
- Thinking Bigger Tuesday expands on the topic and provides pillar content of innovative thinking.
- Why Not Wednesday introduces you to books, articles and research that I have found useful in solving significant problems with innovative thinking.
- Transformational Thursday explores a TED Talk on the topic of the week. These talks are likely taken from the ones I have featured in my TED Talk Think Tank mastermind for radical change over the last five years.
- Freaky Far Out Friday features crazy ideas that just might lead to solving your persistent problem.
DO the IMPOSSIBLE!!!
Loren Murfield, Ph.D.
We work with leaders and organizations to solve significant problems with innovative thinking. What problem is frustrating you? Click here to contact us today.
Start learning how you can engage employees during their most traumatic moments in our newly revised and just-released book, “The ROI of COMPASSION” and now in our newest book, “Leading with the Power of Compassion.”