This couldn’t be just another book of the dos and don’ts of networking. There are plenty of good ones out there. “D.I.S.R.U.P.T. Your Networking” instead looks inward and asks, “What type of person do I need to become to build a disruptive team?”
Murfield Coaching works to solve significant problems with innovative thinking. One of the most significant problems disruptive business professionals face is finding other thinkers to build their disruptive team. This book is designed to help become that disruptive thinker and to build your disruptive team.
Whenever we recruit new employees or seek to expand our business, we are networking. You don’t have to belong to a formal networking group to qualify as a networker.
But what type of a network are you building? One of the reasons I wrote this book is to help people become the individuals who build disruptive teams. To that end, I define D.I.S.R.U.P.T. as:
- D. Design your
- I. Innovative
- S. Success by
- R. Releasing the
- U. Unappreciated
- P. Potential for
- T. Transformation.
This book is a quick and easy read that will help you see networking in a new light. After a brief introduction into disruption you will be introduced to 10 networking myths.
From there, you will be introduced to the 5 levels of networking beginning with the “Card Slappers” we all want to avoid becoming. In the push for more business, we all tend to become at least a few of these characters. I think you will smile at the character descriptions, such as “Sam the Seller” or “Tammy the Talker” or even “Debbie the Distracted” and “Nathan the Know-It-All.” Meet the rest of the characters that we want to avoid and avoid becoming before moving to the higher levels.
- Level Two – Relationship Builders,
- Level Three – Referral Partners, l
- Level Four – Power Partners.
- Level Five – Team Disruptors.
This book is designed to help you strategically plan how to build your team. You will find marketing and networking worksheets included to help you build your disruptive team.
Click here to receive your copy of “D.I.S.R.U.P.T. Your Networking.”
Blog Post Schedule
- Mind Shift Monday features a powerful quote that sets the tone for a week of innovative thinking.
- Thinking Bigger Tuesday expands on the topic and provides pillar content of innovative thinking.
- Why Not Wednesday introduces you to books, articles and research that I have found useful in solving significant problems with innovative thinking.
- Transformational Thursday explores a TED Talk on the topic of the week. These talks are likely taken from the ones I have featured in my TED Talk Think Tank mastermind for radical change over the last five years.
- Freaky Far Out Friday features crazy ideas that just might lead to solving your persistent problem.
DO the IMPOSSIBLE!!!
Loren Murfield, Ph.D.
We work with leaders and organizations to solve significant problems with innovative thinking. What problem is frustrating you? Click here to contact us today.
(c) 2020 Murfield International, Inc.